Monday, November 24, 2008

Preggie Diary: Halfway mark!

I'm 20 weeks today! Halfway mark! Woohoo!

Currently sick though. It started with the bak kwa. Ate too much of it. Then a sore throat. And a cough that night. Followed by two days of runny nose and sneezing and coughing.

It's been a hectic weekend. Adrian's grandmother celebrated her 83rd birthday just this Saturday, so we had a good time with family followed by dinner. And then on Sunday, we had to serve in church, where I croaked along with the rest of the team. Today, my nose is less runny, but still blocked, and my throat is really scratchy. I don't even recognise my own voice. Cherise is currently at United Square with my parents, who are probably spoiling her this moment by donating bucketloads of dollar coins to the Barney kiddy ride machine. I thought to take the opportunity to get some much-needed rest but couldn't sleep because of my nose and throat.

Little David has been moving around more these few days. His movements are now strong enough to be felt by a hand on my tummy. Last night, just as we were settling to sleep, I felt him move and I quickly placed Adrian's hand over my tummy. For this pregnancy, Adrian hasn't had the chance to really feel significant baby movements yet, so I thought he'd be quite thrilled. But instead he mumbled, "Mmmm. Dear, sorry, I really need to sleep now else cannot work tomorrow." Snore.

Ok. Ah well. Such is the difference between the first and the second, I suppose.

No comments: